71 replies to this topic

#61 TITx

TITx

ST Addict

• Members
  • 1853 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo TiT X Estate

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

Peter, it must have been tough protecting us all during the cold war from the comfort of a Hilton hotel :)  Yes, I was army.

I never buy new so was able to get the extras I wanted with a bit of shopping around. Ford heated windscreens are great but no complaints with the BMW as it warms up quickly and clears the screen. After the Octavia anything would be better. Once got it in the car to find ice inside the windscreen, waiting 10-15 mins for the screen to clear was quite common. In the end I had two dehumidifier bags inside the car to try and keep the condensation under control. I'm pretty sure the electrical problems were down to the condensation too. Quite a common problem in Octavia's with people checking everything from damaged seals and door membranes to now avail as it just bad design. 

I've been impressed with the BMW. Everything is just right and the grip, as you said, has been amazing not what I was expecting at all. 

My wife has had an M Sport 1 Series Coupe for a few years and I never found it uncomfortable at all with the low profile run flats and sports suspension. The 3 Series I bought has 19 inch and rides better than the Octavia by country mile and comparable to the Mondoe TiTx with it's Koni FSD but totally out classes either in handling and grip.

Not sure if it's the same with yours but the F30's have a second power outlet under the glove box, still only comes on with the ignition though.

• Mondeo Titanium X Estate in Ink Blue
  • CNL Tuned
  • Forge Hoses, K&N Filter
  • JP Stainless Steel Exhaust and Wingy Decat
  • Koni FSD's and Eibach springs
  • ASBO's

#62 peterex

peterex

Post Whore

• Members
  • 11257 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 330D SE
  • Name:Pete (The Fossil)

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

OK about the cold war and the Hilton--------I wish!  :}  :}  :}

Re the Beemer yep I have the hole under the glove box but no second power point anywhere! Some have points behind the centre console and in the boot but not mine which is a pain. Mine is a business edition. It's a one owner but was a private lease car. At the end of the lease it seems the owner declined the offer of outright purchase so it was put out to the trade by the lease company. It was in immaculate condition when I bought it with just 32k on the clock! I was looking at second hand Focus's at the time I found it. The focus's would have been about 2 years old with less mileage whereas the Beemer was 4 years old for the same money. When I drove it it was a no brainer of a choice despite not being as well equipped, the quality and drive were in a different league. I'd done my homework on the 3 series and I decided I wanted the 3 litre, with sat nav, folding rear seats, cloth upholstery, 17 inch wheels, and a manual gearbox  so it ticked all the boxes pretty much.

As standard it has the 245 bhp engine which gave it a fair turn of speed and acceleration. But I found a local tuning establishment who worked their magic for £375. They did before and after RR runs with a print out which now gives me 281BHP and 620 Nm of torque!  By Beemer 3 litre standards it's a mild tune but it's quite sufficient.

The fuel consumption seems slightly better, on a long fast run I've seen 55mpg on the computer. Then with a week touring th Yorkshire dales the actual manually checked consumption worked out at 48mpg! Possibly about the same as my old TIT X! 

You might be interested to know there is a Beemer website online where if you input your registration number it will give you the complete build standard for your particular car. Beemer records are very good. 

#63 infra 1

infra 1

Post Whore

• Members
  • 3498 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo st220
  • Name:nick

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Oioi how's things boys?
Good to see you still zooming about Pete : )
All good here,still in the Mazda.
Not bored yet lol.

#64 peterex

peterex

Post Whore

• Members
  • 11257 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

Oioi how's things boys?
Good to see you still zooming about Pete : )
All good here,still in the Mazda.
Not bored yet lol.

Hi Nick nice to see you still about mate. So how are you doing with the Mazda? The last time we spoke I think you were doing some cosmetic mods to it under the bonnet. I don't suppose you've done any engine mods I seem to recall that wasn't your intention.

All pretty good here, no real zooming about these days mate too much traffic about. I blow the cobwebs out now and again (in accordance with the Beemer driving manual) when I find a bit of quiet road!   :}  :}

I want to maintain my clean licence for as long as I can. I got it 60 years ago this year. Doesn't time fly when your having fun!  :banana:  :L

BTW can you post up a pic of your motor?

#65 infra 1

infra 1

Post Whore

• Members
  • 3498 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

Yeah it's doing fine,has the odd hard drive here and there but that's all.your right I was just finnishing her off under the hood which is all done just need to fit the strut brace.not really one for outside stuff but I got admin to do me some eye brow thingys (hate that name) as he's got a vinyl cutter
Also a brake light sticker.things I can take off if need be incase I didn't like them but I do so thier staying.shes all done now really just needs roof,rear bumper,an all front end painting an il be happy lol.few niggles to sort like airbag light where the wires are loose in the connectors and the chairs coming off the runners (non recall!!! :o )
And the alarm keeps going off so got to sort those an she's perfect lmao.everyone else still knocking about?
5DBEA638-0AD9-42A3-8A1D-022EA8294AEF.jpg

#66 peterex

peterex

Post Whore

• Members
  • 11257 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

Yeah it's doing fine,has the odd hard drive here and there but that's all.your right I was just finnishing her off under the hood which is all done just need to fit the strut brace.not really one for outside stuff but I got admin to do me some eye brow thingys (hate that name) as he's got a vinyl cutter
Also a brake light sticker.things I can take off if need be incase I didn't like them but I do so thier staying.shes all done now really just needs roof,rear bumper,an all front end painting an il be happy lol.few niggles to sort like airbag light where the wires are loose in the connectors and the chairs coming off the runners (non recall!!! :o )
And the alarm keeps going off so got to sort those an she's perfect lmao.everyone else still knocking about?
5DBEA638-0AD9-42A3-8A1D-022EA8294AEF.jpg

OK Nick she's looking good anyway. Just a few jobs left to keep you busy then mate!  

Re the old lads, still one or two pop up now and again. I look in most days just for interests sake. Got to admit I still read the Ford mags in Smiths, it's hard to change a Ford habit of a lifetime!  

Not to mention a Smiths habit!  :}  :}  :}  :L

#67 infra 1

infra 1

Post Whore

• Members
  • 3498 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

Cheers,you know me mate,like to keep them mint as poss.
I'm doing a lot of fishing now in the good weather which isn't good for keeping her clean.no time to do it lol.

Haha as long as those are the mags your reading ;)
Shame we have to move on with our cars hey,had a great
Bunch on here before.

#68 peterex

peterex

Post Whore

• Members
  • 11257 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

Cheers,you know me mate,like to keep them mint as poss.
I'm doing a lot of fishing now in the good weather which isn't good for keeping her clean.no time to do it lol.

Haha as long as those are the mags your reading ;)
Shame we have to move on with our cars hey,had a great
Bunch on here before.

Indeed we did Nick and some good meets too!

Take care mate. :L

#69 infra 1

infra 1

Post Whore

• Members
  • 3498 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

And you mate,hope the family are all good.
Speak in another cuple months haha.
Take care of yaself ol son.

#70 ST220Paul

ST220Paul

Flat out!

• Members
  • 4984 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Porsche Cayman R
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Well.  It's been a while.  Not sure what made me think of this old place but I figured that seeing as there was a non- Ford thread running I may as well say hi again.  Still have a Mondeo - 2004 one that I use as my mountain biking car and utility car.  Rest of the garage looks like this:

20160910_122538_zpsc0zlu2pk.jpg

Cayman R manual and 991 911 C4S Cab.

20160911_112138_zpslafnb5hm.jpg

My Cayman with the 911 I wish I owned (911 R for those who don't know Porshce)

20160928_121739_zpsweekhblh.jpg

When my R went on a play date with my mates F-Type.  1000 miles round Scotland.  Epic stuff.  But if you want a sports car that works in the wet, the Cayman is a damn sight better than the F-Type which really struggles to put down it's power when the going gets soaking.

I see Neil has a rather fine looking GT3.  Very nice man.  And superb to see that you have some taste in cars despite the blue ST diesel. ;)  Jag is a nice thing too.  

Haven't been in an ST for a while.  A mate bought a 220 which was written off just before Christmas when it was rear ended.

Glad to see Peter and the Beemer still going strong.  You're right Peter, I was paid off at the end of 2015 which was a ballache.  Now retained and working as a financial adviser so we will see where that takes me.  Hopefully into a V12 Aston in the next few years... but that's maybe a tad optimistic.  We'll see.  Still loving the 330D?  I just detailed a mates new 435D Gran Coupe.  Absolutely brilliant car.  

Hope everyone is keeping well :L

'Mighty' Mondeo Mistral

1.8 litres of raw power - very comfy and fantastic at lugging mountain bikes around.

Porsche Cayman R

3.4 litres, 330 bhp, manual gearbox, carbon fibre bucket seats, switch-able sports exhaust, cornering lights etc etc 

#71 peterex

peterex

Post Whore

• Members
  • 11257 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:43 AM

Paul!  My goodness me what a surprise mate!  Nice to see your motors and glad to hear you have employment again I was wondering how things were going with you. Things aren't too bad here, getting older but no wiser! :}  :}

I'll drop you a PM in a day or two best not to clutter up this thread with personal stuff!   Nice to see you back in the fold.

#72 infra 1

infra 1

Post Whore

• Members
  • 3498 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

Good to see you about Paul.
Nice toys : D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users