33 replies to this topic

#21 Richardgr88

Richardgr88

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCi
  • Name:Richard

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

Damn, that would have been a good time to do the Eibach's what with a snapped spring.

You've got me worried now - I just assumed that if the car was on stock suspension I would just be able to make the switch directly to the eibachs, never really considered checking the clearance. Do you have the standard ST 18" alloys on yours?

#22 Adfro

Adfro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST TDCI 05
  • Name:Adam

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

Yeah you can swap to eibach no problems, I'm on the stock 18's, my problem would be getting on my drive, on stock springs the front bumper drops down to Less than an inch off the floor because of a dip in the road, if I lower it I would end up pulling the bumper off, iv tried all sorts but I'm just gonna have to stay stock "gutted"

#23 Richardgr88

Richardgr88

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:12 PM

Ah I see, now I understand. If mot goes well I'll definitely be ordering the eibach's and tempted by the asbo brakes :-D

#24 Adfro

Adfro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

Fair play mate, my spring is being replaced tomorrow (stock) damn it then look at the brakes and then bluefin.

#25 Richardgr88

Richardgr88

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

Hope you get on ok with your spring being replaced. Great news - just passed the MOT with only 1 advisory. Bluefin was left installed :-D The advisory was a shock absorber with a light misting of oil. Not bad for a car with 92k on the clock :-)

#26 Adfro

Adfro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

Havnt heard anything from my mech yet so fingers crossed its ok, great news re the MOT mate👍🏻, especially as the bluefin was left in, full steam ahead with the eibach then, not gonna lie I'm a bit jealous, mondy ST's look soooo good lowered. What drop are you King for?

#27 Adfro

Adfro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

Oops going for not King for derrrrr

#28 Richardgr88

Richardgr88

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

Fingers crossed for your mechanic to get in touch soon. I'm after the Eibach Pro kit which I think offers a 40mm at the rear and 30mm drop at the front to level it out or something like that.

The garage where I've had the mot are also doing a service so hopefully a few new filters and fresh oil should make things a bit better. Also doing the power steering fluid as it was a bit low so flushing out with some new stuff - hope that'll the steering a bit quieter.

Bloody coil light started flashing yesterday morning on the way to work - EGR probably needs some attention again. Was replaced at about 52k under warranty shortly after I got the car and it is on 92k now so am thinking it probably needs a clean as well as the inlet plus the extra smoke from the bluefin probably clogged it up a bit.

Richard

#29 Adfro

Adfro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:09 PM

My mech lives next door to mo so I'll see him when I get home, iv known him for years, he's a goodn, ok stop before I cry, that's the kit I was going to order lol, yep it never hurts to get the fluids changed, I know I'm gonna kick myself for saying it but I've never had the Mel come on in the mondy and I've never cleaned the egr!

#30 peterex

peterex

Post Whore

• Members
  • 11255 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 330D SE
  • Name:Pete (The Fossil)

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

Adam---re bluefin installation look in the archives, Malford posted a full how to do it with pics and all the information some years ago. It's done via the diagnostic port and takes just over 15 minutes. The Bluefin hand set prompts you what to do as you do each step.

Richard there is loads of info about the EGR in the archives some of which I've put in. Cleaning might work but usually it doesn't. The quickest temporary fix which costs nothing is if you have a Euro 4 EGR, Make sure the valve is fully closed then disconnect the electrical conection to the EGR. The management light will stay on but the engine will run fine, As it is now yours could suddenly go into limp mode with a substantial loss of power-------not good if you're overtaking! :blush:

Advice for anyone with a problem ----search the forum archives first  There are years of good info to be found in there all you need to do is read it! :L

#31 Richardgr88

Richardgr88

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:55 PM

I've been down the EGR path before so like you say perhaps blanking it off is the best solution.

On another note was chatting with the garage that did my service and mot today about the eibach's and he said he often found the rear pinch bolts to be worse than this on the front due to the ones on the front usually having already been replaced. Just thought I'd share that.

#32 Adfro

Adfro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:20 PM

All good info cheers petrex cheers buddy, just been to see my neighbor and got my cat back, the first thing he said to me was "yes it was an absolute biatch" the bolt was well and truly rusted in, he had to use heat to get it out but it's done now at least

#33 Adfro

Adfro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:32 PM

Well it took a while longer than I thought but I ordered my bluefin today and should be delivered tomorrow, I'll update when installed :)

#34 Adfro

Adfro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

My god what a difference! Idle is smoother for a start and there's no turbo lag, smoother delivery of the power and bags more of it! Haven't fully tested it yet but there's a massive difference fromwhat I've seen already, if you haven't got bluefin get one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users