Ford ST/RS Forum banner

Remap Issue?

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  peterex 
#1 ·
Posting this in two sections as i am not sure where it will get attention?

Hi all,

have a strange query.

Done some mods on my ST TDCI-

DECAT

K&N panel filter

Intercooler

REMAP

went to get it mapped and it was initially running 146bhp, this was on a rolling road.

1st map got it to 151bhp.

2nd 156bhp

finally got it to 170 bhp. They said thats all they could get out of it.

This is a very bad map, dont get me wrong it pulls more (290lb ft torque) but this is way under what i expected and what it should be running.

They are saying that there is something wrong with the car.

Done a leak back test and injectors are perfect, turbo is clean, inlet is clean and EGR is clean.

Had a new intercooler hose fitted before the map too so its not that.

They said it may be losing boost?

Do you know what it should be running boost wise 1.1bar and 1.4 on overboost?

I have formidable ford software too. Will this show the boost pressure?

Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
Austec Racing in Crawley
Hi Mike I assume you got a RR print out after your runs? Have a look on the Superchips Bluefin website, find the info for your ST and have a look at their charts for BHP and Torque then do a comparison with yours.Although Bluefin is not regarded as an agressive map your charts should look similar in shape. A custom map like yours would usually give a slightly higher BHP figure than Bluefin and maybe the torque would perhaps go higher in the rev range.

If there are big differences then I would say you do have a problem somewhere.

It could be something simple like not having the correct tyre pressures! A MAF which needs cleaning (5 minute job!). Even try swapping the K&N for an OEM filter, K&N's don't do much if anything for the TDCI. Have a very good look around ALL the hoses. Sometimes splits are very hard to see.

Rolling roads are never consistant and generally only as good as the guy's who operate them. You could try a run on a different RR.

Personally I never put my Mondy on a RR but I did do a lot of acceleration runs against a stop watch! If you want a quick check. Find a good bit of quiet road hold it at 60 in 4th and then floor it through the gears from 60-100.If you get around 12/13 seconds there's not much wrong with it!

After doing some or all of that and you still think it's not right then suspect the map!

#5 ·
cheers for the advise. I prepared the car to what i thought was a good std before the map.

Checked pressures and cleaned everything out (apart from the MAF) even ran 2 tanks of VPOWER through for good measure.

I cleaned the K&N filter too.

I have spoken to a few people and they all say they are getting more from a tuning box they have put on!

Bluefin say it should be up at least 30BHP and 43nm. its below this and ive got the modifications on too.

It doesnt feel slow, and i could feel an improvement but the numbers are not there as to what was expected.

#6 ·
OK Well tuning boxes can give more power than Bluefin if you wind them right up. All they do is increase the fuelling. Bluefin is a bit more subtle than that as are custom maps. You seem to have done the good things prior to the RR run so before you start worrying about power and torque figures why not try the 60- 100 test I suggested?

I've just found some scribbled notes I made a few years ago and I see I got 12.9 seconds. Dunno if I did better than that at some stage or not but that might give you an idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.