Ford ST/RS Forum banner

Fitted Bluefin

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  neill66 
#1 ·
Hi fellas.

Just thought I'd let you know that I decided to get a Bluefin handset yesterday. I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing about it for ages while i was slowly adding other mods to the car. I've got a GW de-cat on, a K&N panel filter and a couple of weeks ago i put a Racebits gen 1 ic on, along with the hardpipe for the air intake.

I managed to get a Bluefin on interest free credit from Demon Tweeks while i was having some new tyres put on. Plugged the handset in and had no problems uploading the new map. Took it for a quick spin and i have to say i loved the new feel of the car. Everything about the drive just feels so much 'lighter', if you know what i mean. I found that i want to just go out and drive and anywhere i've been since yesterday i've gone the long way round.

The only downside i've found is the amount of smoke the car is putting out. I know this is down to the fuelling and i'm hoping it will all settle down soon. I'm planning on chatting to Superchips during the week to see if there is a tweaked map to reduce the smoke output. I'd also like to know if the map can be tweaked to accommodate the mods on the car as i know the map in the handset is a generic one.

Oh, and i'm also waiting for the improved mpg to show itself. Early days i know. I was getting a steady 46mpg before the Bluefin so we'll see where it takes me, eh.

Anyway, just going to pop to the shops in the car. I may be gone a while!!

See less See more
#6 ·
I rang SC last Monday and explained my mods to them. Got an email later telling me i had a revised map to download and install. Did that and the car feels just as good. Not as smokey now either.

Had a chance to gauge how the car feels now as i've been driving to and from work for a week. Definitely feels so much more responsive and light to the touch, if you know what i mean. Don't know where the turbo is meant to come in but i've found that anything less than 2000 revs and i get a bit of lag, 2000 and over and its a kick in the arse. However, i think that i might just need to adjust my driving style to suit the remap. I suppose driving in a lower gear to keep the revs up won't do any harm.

Something i'm goin to have to check out later is an issue that came up on my drive home on Friday morning. I thought i would open the taps a bit and see what i could get out of the car. When i got to what i shall call 'quite fast', it felt like the car just stopped giving. I know i was in 6th gear and possibly around the 3000 revs mark but can't be too sure. The power seemed to die off and i got like a squeal/high pitched noise coming from the airbox area of the car. Like i said, i'll try it again on the way home in the morning to find something more definite.

Apart from that, HAPPY DAYS. Wish i had it done earlier now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.