•  

Photo

Finally Back To Mondeo Power.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 P4ULG

P4ULG

Learner TiTxdriver

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hey All,

Thought I'd pop by and say hi after a long holiday from the ST forum.

Been a member for a few years now and purchased my ST off here but been away after selling my Mk3 ST TDCI early last year.
I've missed it since I sold it to a friend and after a run to Birmingham Autosport a few weeks ago in it I go tthe bug again.
So today I got a Titanium x Sport 2.2 2008.
Gonna have a look abouyt and see whats to look out for etc...

Only thing I'm not sure of is whats the difference between a Tx and a TX sport ?

Its got the red stitched Alcantara / Leather interior.
Other than that I can see no main difference.

Alos anyone recommend the Blue fin ot would I be better on a full re map ?
My ST had the bluefin and it made a lot of difference.

Cheers.

#2 Stu C

Stu C

Scottish Meet Organiser

• Meet Organiser
  • 7,900 posts
  • 162 thanks

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Welcome back to the Forum!

I'm sure the TITX guys will be along to answer all your questions soon mate! :)

Get some pics up in the meantime! :L
07 Panther Black ST TDCi
K&N57i with Custom S/S Induction Box
Custom White Ceramic-Coated S/S Decat
BlackEyes & Smoked Indicators
Team HEKO Wind Deflectors & Aero Wipers
Custom S/S Cat-Back (Quad Exit)
ToyoSports FMIC FORGE Boost Hoses S/S EGR Blank

Scottish Members... Add me as a friend for meets info

#3 marktddi

marktddi

ST Addict

• Members
  • 1,080 posts
  • 21 thanks

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

welcome to the forum

2007 ford mondeo titanium x 2.2tdci

Powerflow cat-back duel exit exhaust with quads

eibachs 40mm front 30mm rear team heko wind deflectors
gw decat
Airtec intercooler

#4 Dee_NI

Dee_NI

Trundling along

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

You must have the Tit X with sports pack (18" rims, lowered suspension, privacy glass, spoiler) if you cant noticed any difference.

The main difference will be the price a Sport will cost a few grand extra in NI anyway.

Main difference

Front upper and lower grills
Front bumper skirt
Side skirts
Rear skirt with dual chrome exhaust extension
Rear Spoiler
Front fog lights
Sports Tuned Suspension
18" rims
BI Xenon Headlights
Privacy glass
Centre stack is finished in high gloss piano black
Pedal set and footrest with aluminum covers
Parking sensors

Prob a few more things like inside carbon trim etc.some Tit X could have some of the above fitted as extras.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   24.97KB   2 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   26.2KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   26.62KB   2 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   30.39KB   1 downloads

Titanium X Sport - 2.2L Duratorq - TDCi (175PS) - Frozen White

#5 P4ULG

P4ULG

Learner TiTxdriver

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

Cheers Dee.
Yeh I done the Ford Etis check on the Reg. Its got all of the above.
Not sure about the sport suspension though.. I'll just need to wai and see.
I;ve got a Glasgow to London run thsi week in it for its' first outing so will get a chance for shakedown. :-)
I took the extended 2 year warranty with it so I'm covered for eveyrthing.
Really impressed with the spec of these TitX Sports.
I've noticed them for some time to be honest but as I have a few other cars It wasn;t really needed.
But finally got sick of my Daily runner and decided to go back to the Mondeo as its just such a great car all round and value for money is second to none.

#6 Dee_NI

Dee_NI

Trundling along

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Im really impressed with mine as well, i stepped up from a 1.6 Focus Zetec Climate.

Some people say about the suspension that the ride is hard, i dont notice it hard at all its a real joy to drive with plenty of power, mpg a bit bad getting round 34mpg but never on a long run only small 10-15 mile journeys, taking it over to England next month so will get a good run in it.

#7 GingerTom

GingerTom

Streetkat !

• Members
  • 13,522 posts
  • 118 thanks

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Titty X Sports don't all come with rear privacy glass as standard. I have seen them without.

Also the Sport pack doesn't give you the different bumpers and (I think) you don't get the chrome exhausts on the Sport pack only on the TX Sport.

You have to be really careful when loking at the adverts because some give the impression a TX with Sport pack is a TX Sport which it isn't.

Don't be put off by the 2.0 163BHP either. It's cheaper to run and not a lot slower than the 2.2. A 2.0 163 in the TX Sport trim makes a very decent motor.

#8 Dee_NI

Dee_NI

Trundling along

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

Wasnt sure about the privacy glass as i never bought mine from new. Dont think there was a 163 in 2008, the 2L then was 130 or 140.

#9 GingerTom

GingerTom

Streetkat !

• Members
  • 13,522 posts
  • 118 thanks

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Not exactly sure when the 163 came out but there are several on autotrader.

#10 malford

malford

Titanium X Sport

• Super Moderator
  • 6,007 posts
  • 55 thanks

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

As GT said yu have to be very careful buying a TXS because many unscrupulous dealers advertise sport packs as Sports when they are not....
The easiest way to spot a TXS is the carbon fibre trims on the front door card and glove box.
2013 Mondeo MK4.5 Titanium X Sport Wagon 2.2 PSA Turbo

#11 P4ULG

P4ULG

Learner TiTxdriver

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Cheers Guys.
Picked it up today. Love it.
I thought the ride to be a bit hard too, But I've jumpered out my C Class Sport which was like a couch to come back to the Mondeo. It'll take a bit of getting used to.
The other half had it out with her tonight, She loved it, She couldn't understand why I'd went from the Merc to the Mondeo but she agree's now.. :D

Yeh mine must be a TitX Sport as it has the Carbon Fibre inserts, The privacy glass seems really dark right enough, The Etis check did say it was built with privacy glass and it was a S Edition SVP. Not sure what this is but assuming it's Sport Edition.

#12 GingerTom

GingerTom

Streetkat !

• Members
  • 13,522 posts
  • 118 thanks

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Get us some pics mate. :L

#13 Stu C

Stu C

Scottish Meet Organiser

• Meet Organiser
  • 7,900 posts
  • 162 thanks

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

Get us some pics mate. :L

+1
Stop teasing us and get some pics up dude! :)
07 Panther Black ST TDCi
K&N57i with Custom S/S Induction Box
Custom White Ceramic-Coated S/S Decat
BlackEyes & Smoked Indicators
Team HEKO Wind Deflectors & Aero Wipers
Custom S/S Cat-Back (Quad Exit)
ToyoSports FMIC FORGE Boost Hoses S/S EGR Blank

Scottish Members... Add me as a friend for meets info

#14 timyarby

timyarby

Timyarby

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Get a Bluefin - it makes a massive difference. Mine's an 08 model, pre-registered, so I got it in Feb 09. The benefit of the Bluefin is that you can plug it in and upgrade the software or remove it and go back to the original - in case Ford are doing something under warranty for example. (Although I've talked to my Ford dealer about the Bluefin and they don't seem to mind). Insurance companies are something else though! I had my insurance refused last year, so I went to Adrian Flux. That was fine for a year, but they put it up from £600 to £700 this time! So I went to Admiral and got it for £387 - brilliant! (You've got to tell them about the mod. otherwise the insurance would be invalid).
Cheers,
Tim
Tim Yarby
Titanium X Sport Thunder Grey 08 Plate
Previously:
Mondeo ST TDCi Hatch Performance Blue
Mondeo Si 2.0 Hatch Petrol Cuirass
Mondeo 1.8 Hatch Petrol Blue (trying to forget)
Sierra Sapphire 2.0 GL 4-door Blue
Cortina Mk1 1200 British Racing Green 1965

#15 P4ULG

P4ULG

Learner TiTxdriver

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

Haha The only pics I have right now are the pics from the dealers site with the stickers on it.. Not the best looking ones..
It was a spur of the moment purchase, I was out lookign at Audi A6's and there was a black 2.2 for sale at the same garage, But it has a slight ding where they damaged it gettign it off those high display ramps, I almost instantly decided that I wanted one.. So ended up doing 140 miles that afternoon to go and see the one I eventually bought. The deal was I needed it by Monday night though.. The dealer doen me proud and I got a cracking deal too..... Anyways enough gassing..

I had the bluefin on my Mk 3 ST Mondeo, It made it a completly new car to drive.. I'm still not sure whether to get a Bluefin or custom map done.. I dont; want to mod it too much as it's gonna be my daily driver for work..
I left Glasgow this afternoon to head to Newcastle Under Lyme, Done 260 miles at around 80 -85 and averaged 44mpg, Can't complain at that..

Here is a few teaser pics guys.. I'll get some up once I get it home and washed again..

Posted Image

#16 GingerTom

GingerTom

Streetkat !

• Members
  • 13,522 posts
  • 118 thanks

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Very nice Paul :L I was looking for a Sea Grey or Thunder Grey but the right one didn't turn up. As it happened when I saw the silver I thought it looked very smart as well.

Let's see some more photos when you get it all cleaned up :L

#17 clansman

clansman

Getting better

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • 14 thanks

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

As GT said yu have to be very careful buying a TXS because many unscrupulous dealers advertise sport packs as Sports when they are not....
The easiest way to spot a TXS is the carbon fibre trims on the front door card and glove box.

I have just bought what was advertised as a TXS Estate with a very full spec and have been checking through this forum to read this has me a little concerned!! Attached is a pict from the dealer if I am correct the dark panel on the top of the passenger door card "looks" as if it may be CF ! Can anybody confirm?

Attached File  Mondeo TXS2.jpg   62.96KB   9 downloads

The Diesel in me
2011 TXS Estate in Frozen White with loads of goodies + LED's from 4titx

Westfield SEiW Sport 2000 My new toy

2nd ST RETURNED TO EVANS HALSHAW EDINBURGH AS IT WAS A LEMON !!! 
Performance Blue Estate ST
TDCi
Full Recaro leather,heated front seats, Xenon's,Folding mirrors with Puddle lights Sat Nav

#18 dbwinter

dbwinter

Trundling along

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

I have just bought what was advertised as a TXS Estate with a very full spec and have been checking through this forum to read this has me a little concerned!! Attached is a pict from the dealer if I am correct the dark panel on the top of the passenger door card "looks" as if it may be CF ! Can anybody confirm?

Attached File  Mondeo TXS2.jpg   62.96KB   9 downloads

Definitely a Titanium X Sport!
Focus RS mk2
Colour: Ultimate Green
Options: Lux Packs 1, 2, USB, Bluetooth and Leather seat upgrade

SOLD - Mondeo mk4 Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi
Colour: Panther Black
Options: Touchcreen Sat Nav, DVD player + LCD screens in rear
Tyres: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

#19 clansman

clansman

Getting better

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • 14 thanks

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

Cheers dbwinter as I said was a little concerned about exact model......................226 BHP !! interesting ................was it originally the 200 version?

The Diesel in me
2011 TXS Estate in Frozen White with loads of goodies + LED's from 4titx

Westfield SEiW Sport 2000 My new toy

2nd ST RETURNED TO EVANS HALSHAW EDINBURGH AS IT WAS A LEMON !!! 
Performance Blue Estate ST
TDCi
Full Recaro leather,heated front seats, Xenon's,Folding mirrors with Puddle lights Sat Nav

#20 Dee_NI

Dee_NI

Trundling along

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Def a Sport, it must be remapped or have Bluefin fitted to get it up to 226, could cost you a few more £ to insure now. http://www.superchip...61&variant=2421 Posted Image